- Today as I was driving home from work I was approaching a busy roundabout when I noticed something in the distance. I realised it was a meandering line of ducks waddling across the road near the roundabout so I slowed down to let them past. It was so charming to see them, and also really satisfying to see all of the other approaching cars spontaneously slowing down to allow the ducks to get onto a safe area.
- Smallest Daughter was cuddling up to me in bed, our faces close together. SD says "Mum, why have you got hair under your nose?" "Have I really?" I splutter, feigning surprise. "Yes, you have. Is it a Mumtache?" "Err, yes I think it is" say I, making a mental note to buy some facial hair remover....
- On Friday school closes for the two-week Easter break and I am really ready for it. I have a ton of things to do and two weeks to do it in. Most of it involved tidying the garden which is beginning to look like Steptoes' Yard with various old pieces of garden furniture, an old swing, old fence panels, two discarded wooden cupboards and a dozen or so plant pots. The house is even worse. It looks like we've been burgled. In fact I think a burglar would tidy up before they took anything, it's that bad. I have Big Plans to turn the currently underused 'family room/junk room/study' into a dining room. It's a lovely room overlooking the (untidy) garden....maybe that's why we don't use it?.....but needs to be decluttered, new flooring fitted and the dining table moved in.
- I'm also due to attend a two-day conference next week in Liverpool. I had been invited to stay in a very nice hotel for the two days, but will have to return home each evening to look after my offspring. Shame.
- The Teenager-in-waiting's class had a science test to check their knowledge of recently covered subjects.
Me: "Hmm, is it a drone?"
TiW: "Oh, I got that one wrong then. I thought it was called an Angry Bee."
- I am currently coveting a pair of Fly London shoes. I saw them on Amazon and fell deeply in love, but now have to justify spending £52.40 which is a hefty chunk of my monthly budget for clothes/hair/toiletries/ stuff. What do you think my blogging friends? Should I buy these lovelies?
- I had my test results back from the doctor who said everything looked normal. I now have to wear a 24 hour recorder to check what is happening to my heart over a day.