It's getting warmer. Today I wore a lighter coat because my winter one was far too heavy. Even the lighter coat was taken off after a while.
- The first signs of spring are showing. I have a beautiful azalea bush outside the window next to my desk. I can see dozens of tightly closed buds on the branches. In May they will bloom into the most fantastic show of brilliant orange flowers.
- The lighter evenings mean we can walk more often instead of getting in the car for short journeys, just because it's dark.
- I've started cleaning the house. Every spring I feel the need to go through every room, decluttering and cleaning every surface. I've already taken quite a lot of rubbish to the tip (a lot from the girls' bedrooms...) and have advertised some unwanted items on Freecycle.
- I've written out of list of projects that I need to do around the house and in our large and unruly garden. It'll give me real satisfaction to cross off the jobs as they are completed.
- I feel a new sense of optimism and renewal.
- Life is pretty damn good right now.
- I'm happy with my lot.