Apparently, the south coast of England has something special in the air which makes its residents bestow generous awards on others. The very lovely Emily of Maternal Tales from the South Coast has passed on a really lovely award to me. Thank you Emily, I'm chuffed to little mintballs as they say and will be displaying it proudly on my virtual mantelpiece.
The etiquette of this award states that I must list my 5 least favourite things before passing it on to some of my favourite blogs.
1. Tofu. This is surely the invention of the devil himself? The first time I ate tofu I didn't know what it was but knew that I couldn't bear the texture. I've eaten it several times since, not through choice but either politeness or ignorance and have not had any reason to change my utter dislike of it. No thanks. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I cut a flip-flip into cubes, pan-fried it, seasoned it and served it up in a dish as 'tofu' no-one would be able to tell the difference. In fact, I'd rather go with the fried flip-flop, sand included.
2. Bad table manners. You know the sort - talking with a mouth full of food; burping at the end of a meal and then saying proudly "If I was in the middle east that would be a compliment"; piling a huge amount of food onto the fork and then straining to fit it all in at once; messing around with food on the plate - if you don't want to eat it, just leave it!
3. Jazz music. I've written about this before, but I just don't get jazz. I can listen to any other type of music and find something I like in it but not with jazz, especially trad jazz. Not for me, and I actually turn the radio or TV off if I hear it.
4. Slugs. I'm not afraid of spiders or other insects, but I cannot stand even the sight of a slug. Oooh, it makes me go all cold just thinking of them so I'll move on....
5. Ironing. Doesn't everyone hate this, or is it just me? I have a pile of ironing which is threatening to take over the spare bedroom. My answer? Only venture in when something needs ironing to wear straightaway, the rest of the time keep the bedroom door closed. I'm a bad person.....
Anyhow, I'd like to pass this award onto some other fabulous blogs. Don't forget to list the 5 things you like least.
Not only did I receive one award, but another one came along at the same time. Mervat from The Writing Instinct is a mum, scientist and brilliant writer who often moves me with her very touching writing style. She's also in the process of sending me a postcard from Oz - can't wait to receive it!
I'm allowed to pass it on to up to 15 other blogs so I'd like to pass it on to these blogs which I always enjoy reading:
Thanks once again to Mervat and Emily for the awards, and thanks to all the other bloggers mentioned here for keeping me entertained. And too busy to do the ironing....