- I'm very punctual. I hate being late for anything, and get into a panic if I'm running behind. I plan car journeys, train times, walking distances, etc. carefully to avoid the embarrassment of being late. I'm much more likely to be early, and admit I can get irritated by people who are habitually late. Perhaps I was a white rabbit in a former life?
- I'm quite tall - 5' 9" in my bare feet. Most of my five siblings are tall too, and my own daughters are looking very lanky in the leg department.
- I don't like cheese. Yes, you read that correctly. I can enjoy a piece of hard cheese on a cracker, but cannot abide cooked cheese or soft cheeses. Even the smell of cheese being cooked is a turn-off, and making cheese on toast for my girls is a real labour of love.
- I don't understand the fascination there seems to be with the horror film genre. Whenever I go to hire a film to watch there are always dozens of new horror films with grisly pictures on the covers. What is that all about? The scariest film I ever watched when I was young was The Beast With 5 Fingers, starring Peter Lorre although it's positively light-hearted compared to some of the horror trailers I see nowadays. When I watch a film I want it to be either funny, romantic, thrilling or interesting. I don't want to be frightened out of my wits - that's not my idea of fun at all!
- I enjoy a glass of white wine or organic cider but I don't drink any other type of alcohol. No beer, no spirits, no cocktails, and since about a year ago I can't drink red wine either. It has a bad effect on me now (headaches, nausea) so I avoid it.
- I have a weakness for buying glossy magazines - I can't resist a headline that catches my eye! I subscribe to several women's mags, and also buy extras as I go. I have a huge stack of them next to my bed and on the coffee table. I bet if I added up what I spent on them I'd feel very guilty indeed....
- I'm not superstitious at all. My lovely old Nan was superstitious about everything: the colour green, pearls, peacock feathers, knifes, ladders, money - you name it, she could tell you a superstition related to it, so I think I became immune to them. Now, where's that four-leaf clover....
Sunday Painting - cos she doesn't post enough, and she's lovely!
Cybill at Sorting it Out - because she's very, very funny and I love her blog,
Sallymandy at The Blue Kimono because she writes fascinating posts,
Kerry at My Little Brown Book because I met her yesterday and she's great,
Tessa Scoffs because she's my virtual blogging twin,
Rosiescribble because she a great single mum,
and last, but not least, Dan from All That Comes With It.
Tag, you're it!