It's a lovely one to put on my virtual mantelpiece, and I promise to keep it dusted. Thank you HCM! I'm very flattered to think of my blog as a great read when most of the time I seem to be rambling and more recently it's been about hospitals, illnesses and nits! Before you know it I'll be showing you my scars...
Hot Cross Mum made a list of her 10 favourite places, and this award does seem to come with a requirement to list 10 things so I'm going to list everyday things that make me happy.
- The sound of children's laughter. There's something magical about hearing children laughing, and for me, there's nothing quite like it.
- The smell of vanilla. I love it, and always have candles or room sprays with a vanilla fragrance.
- Early morning walks with Tess. A lovely way to start the day.
- Sitting down on the sofa with a hot cup of tea and a new, unopened glossy magazine. Bliss.
- A chilled glass of white wine on a Friday evening.
- Listening to music whilst cooking.
- That the Teenager-in-waiting cannot get to sleep without a goodnight kiss from me.
- Lying with Tall Daughter's on her bed for our bedtime chat before kissing her goodnight.
- Discovering a new blog, particularly one that makes me laugh.
- My bed. Do I need to explain?