- my weekend at a Buddhist retreat in the Lake District. A truly fabulous experience which is now sadly a distant memory. For a long time afterwards the effects of the time there stayed with me but I need to arrange another visit for a serenity top-up;
- After years of nagging from the girls I relented and said they could have a pet. After deciding on guinea pigs we went to choose them from a rescue centre, and blow me but they were so cute! I hadn't expected to enjoy having them as much as we did, and after looking after the furry little critters for a few weeks it got me thinking about getting another pet;
- adopting our gorgeous Tess. We got her from the Retired Greyhound Trust, a fabulous charity who work hard to rehome as many ex-racing greyhounds as possible. Tess has brought so much fun into our lives and added a new dimension to our little family;
- Going to our usual holiday destination of the Llyn Peninsula in Wales. We go to the same farm cottage every year and have become friends with the other families (we all book for the same time each year) and the family who run the farm. We've stayed there for the past 5 years and the girls love it so much they insist that I rebook for the following year. This year The Teenager cried when it was time to leave, she had enjoyed the holiday so much;
- meeting several other bloggers at the North-West meet-up. It was great to be able to put some names to faces;
- The Teenager-in-waiting reaching a milestone and turning into an actual Teenager, Harry Enfield stylee;
- Tall Daughter taking on a lead role in the school Christmas play even though she is very, very shy. I don't think I've ever been prouder than when she entered stage left and stood on her own, speaking her first few lines, at the start of the play.
I've really enjoyed my blogging year too, particularly getting to know some of the different people who make up the blogosphere. Thank you to everyone who has read my blog this year, I love reading your comments and visiting your blogs in return. I hope 2010 brings us all happiness, health and lots of chocolate.
Happy New Year!