Since last week I've been trying to get a bit more organised by keeping a walking diary and planning meals ahead of time, although I still have a lot more work to do with that. These are the targets I set for myself last week:
• at least one long bike ride : didn't manage to do this, not sure why. It seems to take longer to organise a bike ride than a walk!
• I aim to take Tessie for 30 minute walks before breakfast instead of her usual 15 minutes. She gets a longer walk later in the day, but it'll mean getting up at 6am so must remember not to press the snooze button.
Erm...managed to do this only twice, the first time I got up at 6am and Tessie looked at me from her comfy bed with a look of disgust. Did I mention that greyhounds are lazy? Really, they're known as the 40 mph couch potatoes, and never has a truer word been spoken. I managed to drag her out, but apart from another 6am start I only managed 20 minutes for the rest of the morning walks.
I did start a walking diary though, keeping a log of the minutes I walked with Tessie each day. Yesterday I totted it all up and found I had walked for an average of one hour per day. Pretty good, but I'll try for a bit longer this week.
• to organise meal plans for the following week to help with food shopping: This still needs some work. By Thursday I'd run out of healthy options and ended up having a sausage butty. Not ideal but it tasted great with brown sauce. Yum.
• a weight loss of 3lbs: Despite the sausage butty indiscretion I still managed a pleasing loss of 3¼lbs. That means my total weight loss so far is 6¼lbs. I'm chuffed with that.
I'm going to set new targets for this week:
- a 3lb weight loss;
- at least one bike ride;
- to increase my daily walking time with Tess;
- to work out a plan of healthy meal options and stick to it.
and this is it after I'd taken out all the clothes that were too small, which included a lot of brand new items with the labels still on:
Quite a difference I think you'll agree. So I've reached a decision. I'm not going to buy any more clothes until I've lost a significant amount of weight, and only then if it's essential. I think I've got enough unworn items to keep me going in the meantime.
Good luck everyone for this week, and don't worry if you got off to a bad start - it really does take a bit of organising and getting your head around it all.
I can't wait to read everyone's updates. Please add your link below during this week so we can see how you're all doing!