During the past 13 weeks I've found some things that have worked for me and have kept me going.
- I weigh myself everyday. Yes, I know most advice will tell you not to do this but it works for me as it helps me to stay focused.
- I drink plenty of fluids. I try to drink lots of water, although that can be quite hard, but I also drink a lot of tea especially if I feel a bit peckish. Somehow the cup of tea takes the edge off it. There was also recent advice about drinking some water half an hour before eating a meal, as this makes you eat slightly less.
- I eat fruit in the evening if I fancy a snack. Oranges seem to be good for this, because by the time I've peeled it, cut it into small segments and eaten it I feel quite satisfied.
- I allow myself an evening off. On the day I weigh myself, I eat whatever I want in the evening and have a drink or two *cough* and I really enjoy it.
- I'm trying not to become complacent. People have started noticing I've lost weight and as good as it feels to get compliments I can't lose sight of the fact I still have a lot more weight to go.
- I keep reminding myself that this is Not A Diet! No, it really has to be more than that for me, it has to be a new way of living. I'm seeing it as a long-term lifestyle choice - to be healthy and take care of myself more.
- The main reason I'm still losing weight is because of you. Yes, you! I have been so encouraged by the supportive comments from everyone - thank you all so much, you have no idea how much it has helped me to keep going. And of course, I really enjoy reading how the other bloggers are doing with the challenge.
Good luck everyone, have a good week!