I've been tagged by Second Time Mummy to share 7 things you didn't realise you needed to know about me. But first of all the meme demands that I pay Second Time Mummy a compliment, although that's not exactly a hardship. I met her at the recent Snap, Crackle and Blog event at Kellogg's in Manchester and apart from being a really lovely person, she also has the most gorgeous little boy. That's two compliments!
How much do you really need, or even want, to know about me? I decided to come clean and reveal my true identity:
- My real name is Edna;
- I am a 70 year old retired traffic warden;
- I have every record ever released by the legend that is Engelbert Humperdinck, and have been lucky enough to see him perform in concert several times. I'm also a member of the Official Engelbert fan club. He's still a very handsome man, although I prefer him with the sideburns;
- I'm a keen taphophile. It's a great way to get out in the fresh air and meet new, dead people;
- In my spare time I paint garden gnomes;
- I'm quite well known in my street for keeping a tidy front garden, and I like to keep a weather eye on how my neighbours are doing. Sometimes I'll pop a little note through their front doors if I think they're letting the side down. It's not to criticise, just to give them a bit of a nudge and although they've never said as much I think they appreciate my help;
- Some or all of these facts may have been slightly embroidered *ahem*.
The Curry Queen, Kelloggsville, And One More Means Four..and 1 more, Cherished by Me, Rosie Scribble